- Bring medical assistance to the inhabitants of the islands surrounding Ganges Delta
Ganges Delta, India
- The foundation contributed in the financing of a hospital boat
- The boats bring assistance to 54 islands
- 613.200 people recieve medical attention
- Total: 613.200 people who live on the islands surrounding Ganges Delta
Boat- Hospitals navigate through the Ganges Delta bringing sanitary and medical assistance to 54 small islands that lack medical attention. The Foundation City of Hope and Joy contributed to the donation of one of these boat-hospitals. The boats bring medication and various assistants and are equipped with an operating room and all of the necessary instruments to ensure constant monitoring of the patients.
Our counterpart is an Indian NGO called Southern Health Improvement Samity, SHIS. They possess 30 years of experience in this field. The Hope and Joy Foundation has been effectively supporting SHIS for the last 10 years.